Advantages of Höfer high-performance plants in an overview:
- Configuration, conception and design specific for each customer using the latest 3D CAD technology.
- The entire planning and manufacture of the plant by Höfer.
- The heavy-duty machine design and the use of high-quality components guarantee operation for decades.
- The running operating costs of the plant are kept to a minimum through low-maintenance concepts.
- Our Höfer service team provides fast support from qualified technicians.
- The total package provides high availability and productivity of the plant, which gives you a head start.
- HF technology for significant reduction of cycle times in gluing processes.
It is especially in the wood industry that HF technology is used, e.g. for drying wood but in particular to heat up glues. The decisive advantage of dielectric heating as compared to conventional types of heating such as contact, convection and radiation heating, is that it is independent of the thermal diffusivity of the material. That is why materials of any desired volume and cross-section dimensions can be heated up in the shortest time. If a component is made of different components, selective heating of certain materials (parts) is possible. This advantage helped considerably in launching dielectric heating in the wood industry. It can, for instance, heat up the adhesive joint in bonded wood joints and cure the glue without significantly increasing the temperature of the surrounding wood layers. The curing period can be reduced to less than 30 seconds. Höfer developed and produces the first HF X-LAM press worldwide.
But it is not only the wood industry that applies this technology; in the plastics and composite industry special glues and primary materials are also heated and dried with this method.
- Immediate heating of the treated materials after the high frequency power is switched-on – no heat losses
- Constantly increasing the temperature in nearly homogeneous materials. It’s not possible to overheat local areas
- Various heating of different materials (eg, wood and glue), so selective heating of certain substances are posssible
- Due to the special arrangement of the electrodes, individual parts of a body can be heated with high frequency technology
- The geometric dimensions of the body and its volume have no influence on the rate of heat.
CONTACT US, OUR EXPERTS ARE HAPPY TO HELP!
HF - Top layer plant High-performance plant for manufacturing 3-strip parquet top layers. Using high frequency to dry the glue means short cycle times. Various placement structures are facilitated by flexible automatic strip magazines. This parquet press is adapted...
HF - Glue beam press Enormous production rates and pressing forces are the requirements placed on the high-frequency press for laminated timber. In the rough production environment, this solid block press is used to produce construction laminated timber that meets at...
Cross laminated timber plant If CLT, X-Lam or KLH different names are available for one product. Cross laminated timer (CLT) is the renewable solid-building material of the future. The worldwide first plant for the production of CLT large format boards with...
Process matched temperature control We have been dealing with pressing a variety of materials for more than 50 years. These can be wood, plastic, rubber or metal materials or composite members, referred to as composite materials. During this along with the pressing...
Customized hydraulic concepts From simple 2-stage hydraulics to the high-tech servo-hydraulic High-tech and innovation tailored to each customer The entire hydraulic concept out of own hand. By the customer-oriented planning of hydraulic the efficiency can be...